Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Personalized Embroidered Clothing and other Personalized Gift topics.
Getting embroidered clothing is a snap if you understand the basics. To make the process easier for you, here is a step-by-step process for creating embroidered clothing.
1. If you don't already have a logo, graphic or artwork, create it in a software program like Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator.
2. Determine what products you'll be ordering and whether you'll be getting them from an independent source or directly from an embroidery shop.
3. Check with more than one embroidery shop and get quotes for your order.
4. Submit a file as required by the embroidery shop. Typical acceptable files include JPG files, GIF files and TIF files.
5. The embroidery shop will digitize your image in order to prepare it for an embroidered clothing item.
6. View a digital sample of your final product or better yet, a physical one for proofing.
7. Receive your order in the agreed turn-around time, which may be about two weeks from the time of your order, depending on the embroiderer.