Customize A Shirt With Tie Dye
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Personalized Printed Clothing and other Personalized Gift topics.
How do you customize a shirt with tie dye?
Want to customize a shirt that's tailor made for you or to give away as a gift? You can print shirts or embroider them, but there are more than a few ways to customize a shirt. Tie dye is one way to create a fun pattern on a shirt. If you want to customize a shirt with a two-tone tie dye pattern, read the following directions:
What you'll need:
- Two colors of t-shirt dye
- Two Buckets
- Cotton t-shirt
- Rubber bands
What you'll need to do:
- Prepare the t-shirt dyes per the manufacturer's instructions and place into separate buckets.
- Take the cotton t-shirt and twist it as if you were ringing a towel.
- Tie both ends of the twisted t-shirt with rubber bands to keep it twisted.
- Dip the cotton t-shirt in the lighter color and leave it there for about five minutes.
- Rinse off the shirt in cool water until the running water runs clear.
- Untie the t-shirt and re-twist it, keeping the colored section in the middle or twist from a different corner than previously.
- Dip the shirt in the darker dye color for about five minutes.
- Repeat the rinsing process.
- Remove the rubber bands.
- Wash your tie dye shirt in warm water, a small amount of detergent, and rinse in cool water.